3 AMAZING LunchBox Bar MIX Recipes, by Sarah Remmer, RD!
We are over the moon to be sharing these recipes with you, developed by Registered Dietician Sarah Remmer! She's nationally recognized as Canada's Family & Child Nutrition Expert and we're totally honoured that she's such a big fan of our foods!
1) Choco-Chia Protein Bites
- 1 bag Real Food Bar MIX (choose your favourite variety)
- 1/4 cup protein powder of choice
- 1/3 cup ground chia seeds (I used part ground, part whole)
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seed butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Combine all ingredients and blend well. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Cover in plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours - store in fridge for up to one week.
Makes 24 bites
2) Flourless Apple, Oat Cinnamon Breakfast muffins
- 1 package Real Food Bar Mix
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/4 cup milk (your favourite kind)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 apples peeled, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease 2 muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add eggs, vanilla, brown sugar and milk and blend well (we used a fork).
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave and allow to cool a little bit. Add it into the mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients (real food bar mix, BP, salt) to the wet mixture and blend well. Add chopped apple and stir a little more.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 cup full and bake at 375 F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Makes 20 muffins
3) Real Food Bars (As per instructions on the bag!)
- 1 pouch of Real Food Bar MIX
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter
- 1/3 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 325C.
2. Combine bar mix, honey and nut/seed butter in a medium sized bowl and mix until well-combined.
3. Press into 8x8' pan and bake for 10-12 minutes
4. Cool, cut and enjoy! Keep in the fridge for up to a week!