Tahini Pecan Fudge Holiday Bars
Pecan Bar Crust Ingredients:
- 1 cup raw walnuts or pecans
- 1.5 cups Made with Local OG Granola Bar Mix
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/3 cup of almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp of tahini
- In a food processor or high speed blender, pulse the Bar Mix with the nuts into a coarse flour-like consistency.
- Add the rest of the crust ingredients and blend until mixture is wet and dates are well blended.
- Press down mixture evenly in a parchment paper lined 8x8 pan and place in the freezer for one hour. Prepare the vanilla fudge topping.
Vanilla Fudge Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (soft or melted)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of raw unsalted pecans (roughly chopped)
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Mix tahini, coconut butter, honey, vanilla and salt in a bowl (or food processor) until smooth. Add the pecans and mix well (don’t use a food processor for this).
- Pour the fudge in top of the raw bar mixture (make sure it has set, and in the freezer for at least an hour.) Top with the pecans, pomegranates, sea salt, pistachio, swirled molasses and dried oranges.
- Freeze about 30 minutes until set (might take a little bit longer, depends on how thick is your “chocolate” layer). Sprinkle with extra salt.
- Keep the bar in the freezer, until ready to enjoy.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.