Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies (vegan!)
- 1 can of chickpeas (540 mls/19 fl oz)
- 1 package of @madewithlocal Original Goodness Granola Bar Mix
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips (add in after mixing other ingredients in food processor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour drained and rinsed chickpea into food processor. Add in nut butter and maple syrup.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl first and then add to food processor with other ingredients. Blend until mixed well.
- Add in chocolate chips. Form dough into balls and place onto baking sheet. Flatten each dough ball slightly. Cookies will spread a tiny bit in the oven so make sure to space them apart slightly. Optional: Decorate with chocolate candies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned on the bottoms. Eat and enjoy!
Recipe by Candace, @candishes.kitchen