Brown Butter Pecan Granola
This Brown Butter Pecan Granola is easy to whip up and uses simple ingredients to offer the perfect balance of sweet and savoury, crunchy and snackable. Serve it over fruit and your milk of choice for a nourishing breakfast or just grab handfuls at a time for an on-the-go snack!
- 1 small bag (3 cups) Granola Bar Mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, rough chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300’F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, swirling occasionally. Butter will begin to foam, once the foam has settled, you will be left with a golden brown butter, which will smell nutty. This should take 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla, set aside.
- In a food processor, add 1/2 cup pecans and pulse until very fine.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, butter mixture and pecans. Stir well.
- Spread mixture on to a baking sheet and bake 25-35 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from heat and cool completely. Keeps up to 1 week.