PB & Jelly Crumble Bars
- One 300g bag of Made with Local Granola Bar Mix, or 3 cups
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cups of frozen mixed berries (or frozen strawberries)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mix and bake granola bars as per package directions. Make sure to use parchment paper underneath bars for ease of removal once baked.
- While granola bars are baking, prepare chia seed jam by heating frozen berries and maple syrup on medium heat in a small saucepan. Cook for roughly 8-10 minutes until fruit is heated through and soft.
- Mash until mostly smooth. Add in chia seeds and vanilla and cook for another 6-8 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once the bars and jam have cooled, gently take bars out of pan and place on flat surface.
- Gently cut a small strip of granola bars off the end and set aside. This will be used to crumble on top as the final step.
- Spread a generous layer of jam on top of the baked granola bars. Using the granola bar strip that you set aside, crumble over top of jam layer.
- Place bars into the freezer for roughly 15-20 minutes. Remove from freezer, slice up, and enjoy!
Recipe by Candace, @candishes.kitchen